Saturday, April 21, 2012

7: Summer

Summer here in LB is insanely hot, trust me. And baking in our apartment's kitchen is also the same. So why did I then bake? Simply because I am bored. Bored to my marrow that I can't think of anything else good to do except produce some love from our oven. I've been craving for chocochip cupcakes since last week and I think that maybe this is the right time to bake these babies (I like referring to my cupcakes as babies because they are all a labor of love from me). :)

 
Chocochip cupcake batter

Chocochip batter again!

Before going in the oven

My prepared batter also yielded exactly 12 cupcakes. Lucky me I didn't have to worry again over what to do with my extra batter.

Half-baked.

After 20 minutes.

Compared to the pale batter it was once before, these cupcakes turned out golden brown (and a little bit overbaked I must say). Nonetheless, all is well. :)

Cooling down.

After my first bite, I noticed that it lacks the sweetness I am used to in my usual sweet fix. To remedy this, I thought I would just frost my cupcakes with brown sugar frosting. Good thing the ingredients I needed were all available. :)

Brown sugar frosting 1

Brown sugar frosting 2

Brown sugar frosting 3
I have to admit it, I first thought that making this frosting would be hard and tedious but I was wrong. It only took me approximately 30 minutes to make this frosting (cooling time included).

Chocochip cupcakes with brown sugar frosting.

I just used a normal spoon to frost these babies because I am too lazy to use my piping bag. :) I also topped it off with chocochips so it would not look boring. :)

This recipe is adapted from reciperoll.com thought I added a little more milk than the recipe calls for. The brown sugar frosting recipe was taken from this. I just reduced the recipe to half to avoid wastage.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com