Friday, May 4, 2012

12: Buttery Cupcakes with Oreo Frosting

Baked these babies after my sister's graduation. :)

 
1
Originally, these should be VANILLA cupcakes but turned out too buttery hence the name itself. At first bite, one would quickly notice the strong butter flavor of the cupcake. Another thing, it's salty (but not too salty) because the butter I used is salted. So I thought of making a frosting that would cut the saltiness of these and came up with Oreo Frosting. Good thing I have a box of Oreo Star that is not yet opened. :)

2
Before frosting:

3
These babies had a melt-in-your-mouth look because of too much butter in the batter.

4
The cupcake at the back of the photo above has a very pointed frosting. Turned out that the toothpick I used to remove the clogged Oreo pieces in my piping tip ended up with the frosting (on which I really have no idea how it happened). Good thing I noticed it right away.

5
*Photo above is the cupcake frosted with toothpick.

xx

2 comments:

Chari T. said...

I'm jealous! You're a natural cook!!! How'd you do this??

charitrinidad.blogspot.com

Nikki said...

Thanks Chari! :) I just followed a recipe for vanilla cupcake and made my own frosting. I just mixed crushed Oreo cookies to my cream cheese frosting. :)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com